Saturday, May 17, 2008

Island of Bliss


The Island is a sure bet. A two person live performance lulls the senses at Federal Palace. Then by Onikan, the city mall pours with fun and cheer. The nearby Suya spot makes eyes at me, beckons with a tempting salacious summon. My loins bleat at the mouth watering thrill.

Lagosians are eternal pleasure seekers and the island is an oasis of activity. The city never sleeps. It throbs and bubbles like a giant pot of stew dancing to a pulsating enigmatic rhythm.

"No can do!" I turn back and say to a trail of wanderers as they eye their new cash cow. I make haste to outdistance the herd. Wearily, they lost the contest. I reappear at the other end. With bravado, I climb into my personal adventure capsule and depart leaving the bright lights for a calm lagoon.

No comments: